The holidays are a time for giving, and what better way to show your furnace some love than by giving it the gift of proper care and maintenance?
These five helpful “gifts” for your heating system will make sure it is in tip-top shape when Old Man Winter comes knocking:
- The Filter Fairy: One of the best things you can do for your furnace is to change the filter regularly. A clean filter not only prolongs the life of your furnace but also makes it run more efficiently, saving you money on your energy bill. We recommend changing your filter at least once a month, but if you have pets or allergies, you may need to change it more often.
- The Valiant Vacuum: Another important step in keeping your furnace running smoothly is regularly vacuuming your home. This will help prevent dust and dirt from clogging up the system and causing it to break down. You can even get what’s called a “HEPA vacuum cleaner,” designed specifically for removing small particulate dust and allergens from the home, which your average vacuum cleaner won’t be able to get.
- The Ingenious Inspector: Every few months, it’s a good idea to inspect your furnace for any signs of wear and tear, such as cracked seals or loose wiring. If you notice any problems, be sure to call a qualified technician right away to have them fixed. But it’s important to be aware of the signs yourself and, like we already said, change your furnace filter regularly.
- The Weatherization Wizard: One of the best things you can do for your furnace is to ensure your home is properly weatherized. This means sealing any cracks or gaps around doors and windows to prevent cold air from coming in (which puts extra strain on your furnace) and installing insulation in your attic and walls to keep heat from escaping.
5. The Miracle Maintenance Man: Finally, one of the best gifts you can give your furnace is to have it professionally maintained at least once a year. This involves a qualified HVAC technician coming in and cleaning the system, as well as making any necessary repairs or adjustments. This simple step can help prevent significant problems (and expensive repairs) down the road!
Sign up for Biard & Crockett’s furnace maintenance plan to enjoy priority tune-up service and 10% off ALL repairs.
With these five simple gifts, you can give your furnace the care and maintenance it needs to stay healthy and efficient all winter long. And that’s priceless! Happy holidays!